Tuesday, May 4, 2010

weather can be deceiving

Saturday...
what a beautiful day! I woke up and went on a run with my roomies. The sun was shinning and we did a jog/sprint down the road and back (about 30 minutes). We took showers and got ready for breakfast and I wore jeans and a tank top - it was that nice outside! It was so amazing. After, I talked to Mandy and a few of us decided to go see the waterfall that is close by (about 45 minutes away - once you know where it is).
So about 6 of us ventured off with directions for a fellow student. We cut across a few fields and continued on for an hour before we found the stream that would lead to the waterfall. The path along the water wasn't very clear and we had to make our own way stepping into long grass and plants and cross the water a few times (once I landed with my shoe in it, soaking my sock full of water (but it's better than the mud that filled Mandy's shoe). we nearly turned back before Mandy and Hannah ran ahead to see if they could find it (we'd been looking for an hour and a half). We ended up being really close so at their whistle, we continued up to find a cute small but beautiful waterfall.
We spent some time enjoying it, climbing the rocks and exploring the area before we felt the sprinkles. Luckily I had changed into crummy jeans and a sweater (but the sweater falls apart in the rain, leaving black fuzz on anything in it's path (especially my hands).
The beautiful sunny day had turned into a down pour that we walked in all the way back (only 45 minutes) as it increased in intensity, we increased our laughter at the situation. Our hair was dripping, clothes socking wet and our spirits high, finding much joy in God's sense humor. I might have complained a few times but in all honestly it made the area beautiful and the memory unforgettable. Coming back my roommates couldn't contain their laughter and thus the joy from God was spread...at my expense - but that's okay!
Best part, I decided to wash my towels that day and I put all of them in the wash before I left and they hadn't made it into the dryer so I had wet towels, wet hair, wet clothes and soggy shoes - I have pictures, don't worry!
The lesson was learned, the weather is so unpredictable and I need to remember to bring a sweatshirt and umbrella (though I discouraged others on bringing one - go me!) anytime I venture out in England.
My love to you all,
Nat

No comments:

Post a Comment