When I set out on this journey 10 weeks ago, I never imaged I’d be here longer than four months. God had other plans and he set a choice before me which would lead to more time in England. Through a series of events, a volunteer position at Capernwray was offered to me for the next school year. I was excited, overwhelmed and scared but God spoke through people to give me peace about the decision. I talked to my parents about it and realized there was no wrong choice – just choices. Ultimately I decided to accept the position and stay at Capernwray. So, I’ll come home in July for 9 weeks and then come back mid-September for a year (to Sept 2011).
At this point I don’t think I’ll be able to come home at all because it’s quite expensive and I don’t have a lot of time off. I think I’ll use my time off to visit Cities in England or to visit some people who I met while at Spring School here at Capernwray. One of my roommates lives pretty close by so I can go visit her. Another one lives in Denmark and is hoping to come visit me at school in December (because that is when I will most likely be homesick we think:))! There are offers in Scotland by the two people from Scotland. I don’t think I’ll have a shortage of places to visit whether to see people or just English charm.
I’m so excited for this journey and next year of my life. As I’ve said, each year for the past few years have had a “theme”. It started with healing (2008), then learning (2009), and currently adventure (2010). I think next year is a year of service (2011) as I give my time investing here for a year. I know that God will teach me a lot through this time as well. I felt God telling me really recently that next year is going to be big. I’m not sure what that means or what it looks like but I felt God put that on my heart. I am praying that God would equip and prepare me for what is ahead. I am excited about living a year with simplicity, learning to live while trusting God and away from the temptations of Orange County (gossip, turning wants into needs, etc.). It’s going to be a year with God, away from my comforts of home and family, to continue the work God is doing in me – I’m a work in progress and always will be. What I’ve gone through before was to prepare me for where I am now, so that I can be ready for where God will take me next.
My love to all,
Nat Marie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Congrats! It sounds like you are doing great and having fun! Maybe if I make it over there sometime I'll try to come visit if I have the time off.
ReplyDelete