We woke at our leisure today and took showers (always a good start to the day). I almost had a crisis when my blow-dryer plug didn't fit (it's a European plug but it wasn't working). I had to connect all my adapters to get the euro plug in one end and also be at the other end but finally success!
We went to get breakfast at the store - our favorite place for breakfast, lunch and dinner! After getting our food (yogurt with granola for me, milk for josh and we shared some waffles and bananas) we walked the "mall" the store was in. As we went upstairs we found that there is a much bigger store so we ate and then went in for some shopping. Our greatest success was finding peanut butter! Now we have lunch on the train tomorrow and I ate some today for lunch as well. We also got some Swiss Choc to try and a few other things.
We decided to get all of our "errands" done so we went to the post office and I shipped some of the extra luggage stuff, as well as some gifts, to Capernwray so that I don't have to cart them around for another 2 1/2 weeks. It was only 21 SF (about $20). Well worth it to give me more room! Then off to the train station to find out about our tickets to Salzburg tomorrow. We discovered early on in our travels that the Eurorail pass doesn't include reserved seats so we sometimes have to pay extra for that. Today it was just 5 SF each which wasn't too bad. We have to leave early, 6:30 a.m. and we have to change trains twice (once in Bern and once in Zurich) but after Zurich at 8:40 a.m. we go directly to Salzburg and get in early at 2 p.m.
We got our hostel for tomorrow too - they only have one night so pray God opens a space so we can stay in Salzburg 2 nights. We are excited to see this cute little touristy town - me for the Sound of Music and oldest restaurant (around 800 AD), Josh for Mozart's history (his house and residence).
So after getting everything arranged we jumped on the train towards Bern to see what cute little town we could find along the way (I'd seen one when we came in). We found it and ended up walking to a medieval looking building/church/house/hotel (we're not sure) which was right on the water - it was beautiful! We sat on the grounds for a little bit looking at the water and taking it all in before beginning our hike back up the hill to the train station. We got back to town and went in the room to rest. I haven't been feeling well today and so I took a nap while Josh was able to connect with friends from Capernwray. We discovered that while we're in Germany for Easter there will be 4 other people from Capernwray staying with Sarah too. Having a place for Easter is such a blessing.
We went out for pizza, still on our hunt to find the best in the world. It was ok tonight. Not enough cheese and they shred the ham so it doesn't feel filling. It was also the most expensive at 19 SF (about $19) so we split it. So far America has the best (by far) but I'm not giving up hope. Italy was good but it was thin crust and very rich. It was inexpensive at 7 euros each.
So now we're downstairs in the bar/restaurant (the hostel is above a restaurant/bar). They are playing/we are watching the Manchester United vs. Bayern football (american - soccer) game. We are splurging on tea and coffee (I miss my tea) trying to spend out last 10 SF since tomorrow we will be back to Euros for Austria.
Our spirits are good. Josh enjoyed talking to friends today and I got emails from the family after our skpye session yesterday - it's so encouraging. At dinner Josh and I discussed how difficult traveling can be especially the way we did it - traveling 7 different countries (right now we've been to 5). The second traveling session will be much more efficient and have less travel time which will be good. We are both looking forward to being in a house with a family.
Pray for patience, strength, good health and fun times.
Missing everyone but loving the adventure God has me on.
My love to all,
Nat
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment