First of all i am so glad to have a girl traveling with me! We are having so much fun and loving London. They boys are enjoying it too and they go wherever we tell them we are going - and we all are interested in seeing the same things so that is good.
Today we went to Oxford. Mandy and I found the street where the couple from the book "Severe Mercy" lived but we later found out that their studio burnt down in the 70s - we were both so bummed (the boys could care less but enjoyed laughing at our quest to find and see what the couple saw)! We sat in the in pub where C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien would have their Tuesday lunches. It is called "The Eagle and The Child" , but the locals call it "The Bird and The Baby". So cool (Ps Mandy please correct any of the mistakes I am making in here - boys, i do not give you the same permission:))!
Then we walked the walk from the characters in the book - past Trinity College (Sarah, were your classes here???), down Queen's Lane to Magdalen College - where Lewis taught at and the church where he was converted. We also did Adison's Walk which was beautiful.
We ate lunch at "CoCo's" - it was actually called "Cafe CoCo's" - and we had some amazing pizza! I think it beats Germany but Josh said his didn't. Mandy and I tried blood pudding and as Mandy was eating it, Josh told her it was dried blood and she nearly lost her stomach. Later we found out it does actually have dried blood in it and we both are sick thinking about it.
We walk more of the City and down to Christ's Church, which was huge! The dining hall at the college nearby is where the inspiration for the harry Potter dinning hall comes from so that was pretty neat.
We then headed back on the train to London. I slept the entire time but we all slept on the train at some point. We made it back and Mandy and I ran upstairs to change before the play - Les Mis - and were back down by 6. We got dinner at Costa Coffee Shop and then headed accross the streat to see the play. It was amazing! We loved every minute of it. It reminded me of when I saw it in LA a few years back - both great expereince and different as well. This was a smaller theater but the actors did great! It reminded me how much I enjoy the theatre and how I want to go more often - Mandy and I made a pact to this when we get back and are financially stable again :).
Now we are sitting the the cafe at the hostel, sipping English tea with milk and both ready for bed.
Tomorrow, we sleep in then see more London sights then get Shane!!!
Love to all,
Nat
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment